Introducing My July 2017 Camp Nanowrimo Project

Sunday, June 25, 2017


It's that time again! Nanowrimo's second camp session will be starting on July 1rst! Don't know what Nanowrimo is? Check it out HERE for their main event and HERE for camp event.

Read on to find out what project I'll be doing this July and you can check out my past projects by going HERE

 

Goal: 30 hours in 30 days and a finished outline
Project: Outlining and prepping for the novel I'll write in November's Nanowrimo
Working title: "Kingdom of Sweets"

I'll be doing something a bit different for this Camp Nanowrimo. This year the event website allows you to track your projects in different ways. Instead of just having the option to track word count, you can now track your project by hours, minutes, and pages. This allows you to create any type of writing project during the month.
I'll be using Camp this July to prepare and outline for the novel I'll be writing in November. So I'll be tracking my project by hours. My goal is to plan for at least one hour a day every day in July and to have a finished outline.
I've been having a hard time choosing which project idea to work on because I several to choose from. So I'm going with a rewrite idea of the draft I wrote in November of 2015.
It's a fan fiction of sorts, using the characters and land from the Candyland board game, but with my own twists on the story.
The story will be from the point of view of twins, a boy and a girl both thirteen years old.
The idea is a very rough one right now, but I'm looking forward to working on it. I'll want to set it aside for a while before November because if I don't I'll get burnt out on the story and won't be able to write it in November. This is why I want to start planning it now instead of in October.

Are you planning on participating in Camp Nanowrimo July? Let me know what your project is or link me to your blog post or video if you have one.


See you at Camp!

P.S. You can check out my profile picture over on the Camp website HERE
P.P.S Cover was made by me just for fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)