Camp Nanowrimo April: Final Update

Monday, May 1, 2017


So my mind has been all over the place this month and I just realized that I never posted a week three announcing that I reached my goal for Camp Nanowrimo! I'm so sorry guys! Here is my Camp Nanowrimo Final Wrap up!



Final Word Count: 35,928


Days I Hit the Target Word Count: 16


Day I Hit My Total Target Word Count: 18


Thoughts:

 Fourteen years ago I wrote a short novella for a school assignment. After writing that novella I decided I wanted to expand it into a novel so I wrote down ideas and scenes through out the years. Now fourteen years later I have a finished rough draft. I am very happy that I've finally taken the time to get it finished.

After a lot of thought and brainstorming I have decided to polish up my idea, and switch the time period from the 1940s to present day. By doing this I will need to do a complete rewrite but I feel it will help improve the story so I can get it to the best it can be.

Hopefully after a second rewrite I'll have something that I can polish and edit. It may take a few more years (hopefully not another fourteen) but the fun is in the journey, not the destination. Although finally having a finished manuscript will be amazing!

I'm planning on participating in the second session of Camp Nanowrimo in July. Right now my project will be working on this story and getting a new outline written. I'll be tracking my progress, not by words, but by hours. I've never done a Nanowrimo event like this before so I'm a bit nervous but I don't want to start something new until I've gotten this story written. I'm trying to get better and focus on one project at a time. Otherwise I'll never get anything finished.

Did you participate in camp this month? I'd love to hear how you're doing on your projects! Let me know down in the comments!



P.S: Find me on the Camp Nanowrimo website here: My Profile Page

2 comments:

  1. That's really great progress, Andrea! Bee and I wanted to participate, but exam revision kind of got in the way ;A; but we're definitely planning on joining in for July when summer begins. Good luck with you project - Maddie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maddie! So sorry it took me forever to reply to your comment D: Are you guys still planning on joining in July? I can't believe June will be over soon! I'm excited for another Nanowrimo event though :)

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)