Review: "After Impact" by Nicole Stark

Saturday, April 15, 2017



Published: January 8th 2016 by Snow Press

Series: After Impact #1

Format: eBook; 280 pages

Genre: YA Fiction; Science Fiction, Romance

How I Obtained this Book: I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Rating: ⭐️⭐️








Summary


Avalon wakes up from a 100 year old cryosleep in a new habitat with few memories and lots of questions. At first, HOPE (Humanity's One Plan for Escape) habitat appears to be a well-oiled machine, preparing 5,000 carefully chosen inhabitants for a new Earth. However, a medical assistant named Ilium reveals that certain members of the habitat have been falling ill from a mysterious virus they were inoculated against. Soon, HOPE habitat's tranquil illusion is shattered as Avalon plays a perplexing message left by her father. If Avalon is to survive this dangerous new environment , she will have to find the strength to navigate a habitat enveloped in secrets.
This is the first in a series by debut author Nicole Stark.

Review

Hello Adventurers!

I have returned from a new journey! This time I set out on an adventure into the future.

I liked the idea of the story. It made me think about what I would do if I were in the same predicament as Avalon finds herself in. Waking up one hundred years into the future and finding that you've lost everyone you've ever loved is very scary, to say the least. I don't think I would have handled the situation nearly as well as Avalon did.

I really liked Avalon and Illium but I had a hard time really falling in love with them because they felt a little flat to me. Also the abrupt change of perspectives was very confusing and the dialogue did not feel natural.

The scenes were very short and were written in away that was more telling than showing. This made it hard for me to really immerse myself into the setting and feel connected to the story. I also was  a little confused by the surprise at the end and wondered if I missed anything during the story. It felt a little bit random.

But I'm very thankful to the author for allowing me to read their book. There were a lot of surprises and twists to the story that made it fun to read.

You can purchase "After Impact" by Nicole Stark on Amazon.
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)