Camp Nanowrimo April: Week One Update

Sunday, April 9, 2017


Every Sunday I will be posting about my progress on my rough draft that I am writing during Camp Nanowrimo for April. 

(Don't know what Camp Nanowrimo is? Click on the links to find out more! If you love to write then you'll love Camp Nanowrimo!) 

I will include things like my favorite line written from the week, how I'm feeling about my writing, insights, and more! So be sure to check back here every Sunday! Also I would love to hear how your camp experience is going if you are participating. Be sure to let me know down in the comments. We can cheer each other on.

You can read more about my project here: My April Camp Nanowrimo Project




Word Count Stats
*Note: These numbers do not include today's word count (cause I haven't written yet for today)

My Total Word Goal: 30,000
Total Words Written:  13,537
Words Written This Week: 13,537
Words Left: 16,463


Writing Samples:

First Sentence I wrote: It was easy to put my feelings and fears about Charlie and the future aside as I continued to settle into the here and now.

Last Sentence I wrote: I sat back, trying to quietly let out a deep breath, waiting for my heart rate to slow down.

Favorite Line/Sentence: "That is ridiculous and don't flatter yourself, you big jerk."


Writerly Feelings:

I'm Feeling: Good about this past week and the fact that this draft is actually getting written and that I'm actually going to finish it. 

I Learned: That I put too much pressure on myself when writing a rough draft. This is a time to explore the story, figure out who my characters really are, make mistakes, and have fun.

My Best Writing Session: Day Six. I wrote the most words out of the week: 2,700 and the words came easy with this scene. It's always a good day when the words don't feel like a chore.

Trials and Triumphs: I struggled this week in that I wasn't producing as many words from my outline as I had back in November. It felt as though I wasn't as in to my story as I was back then. But I had to keep reminding myself that this is just a draft and most of the story is probably going to be rewritten anyway. I was then able to relax more and enjoy my writing.

Things to Keep in Mind Next Week: Remember to have fun, remember it's just a draft and things don't have to be perfect. Explore different ideas and try not to cry...I'm getting into the really sad parts :( 



Well that's it for now! I hope you enjoyed reading about my progress. Be sure to check back next Sunday for another update on my writing progress!

Are you participating in Camp Nanowrimo this month? Let me know down in the comments how your first week went!



P.S: Find me on the Camp Nanowrimo website here: My Profile Page

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)