Review: "The Auctor Trilogy" by T.R. Wolf

Friday, March 17, 2017


Published: November 28th 2016

Series: Book One

Format: eBook; 481 pages

Genre: YA Fiction; Urban Fantasy

How I Obtained this Book: I was sent a copy of this book from the author for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️













Summary

When seventeen-year-old Addie Auctor’s mother is murdered by her father, she must confront many secrets that her family has hidden from her. The worst of these secrets is that Addie’s father, Donovan Hawthorne, is still hunting Addie because of an ancient blood feud between her mother’s family, the Auctors, and her father’s family, the House of Hawthorne. In order to be protected from the House of Hawthorne, Addie and her brother, Augustus, are sent to Initiation at an exclusive University, the Wicked Cabal.
Initiation is nothing like Addie expects. She is immediately separated from Augustus and thrown in with four complete strangers – Fallon, Maddox, Liam, and Tempe. Addie must try to forge friendships with her fellow Initiates while they solve clues, battle mystical creatures, and explore increasingly dangerous places.
Readers of all ages will love this adventure filled with suspense, treachery, and romance.

Review 

I was contacted by the author to read "The Auctor Trilogy" for review and I was very intrigued by the synopsis of the book. Fantasy is my favorite genre and I love the idea of going on a quest to solve clues and battle creatures.
I enjoyed going along on their journey and I felt like I was right there with them. Though I was happy to only be a spectator because it became very clear to me that I never would have survived the first hour of initiation so no one in my group would be making it to the Wicked Cabal.
This is a great story about survival, friendship, and the love between two siblings, with a bit of magic, mystery and romance sprinkled in. And I enjoyed seeing it from Addie's point of view. She spent a lot of the book very confused about what was happening as she was thrust into this new world. But she sure handled it a lot better than I would have. She may have been self-conscious about her abilities but she still had a lot of skills that came in handy when the group needed her.
At first I very much disliked Maddox and he still isn't my favorite character but he did mellow out through out the story. I just didn't like how possessive he was of Addie. It borderlined a bit more on unhealthy than romantic. I personally really love Liam. He was more charming and a lot nicer to Addie. Also Tempe was another favorite character of mine.
The story kept me wanting to know more and more of what was going to happen so, for me, this was one that I had a hard time putting down. I am very much looking forward to reading the next book in this series!
I would recommend this book to those who love mystery, adventure, survival and friendship stories. This isn't heavy on the magic, as the characters haven't been able to learn how to use their magic yet, but it is still an exciting read.
Please see below on how to purchase this book. It is always great to support indie authors.

If you read this book I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!




Links

 The Auctor Trilogy Website
Goodreads
Purchase the Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)