Review: "Wires and Nerve" by Melissa Meyer

Monday, February 20, 2017


Published: January 31st 2017 by Feiwel and Friends

Series: Part of "The Lunar Chronicles"; "Wires and Nerve" Volume 1

Format: Hardcover; 240

Genre: Graphic Novel; YA Fiction; Fantasy

How I Obtained this Book: I purchased this book from my local Barnes and Noble. I was not asked to give a review. All opinions are my own.


Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️











Summary

In her first graphic novel, #1 New York Times and USA Today bestseller Marissa Meyer follows Iko, the beloved android from the Lunar Chronicles, on a dangerous and romantic new adventure -- with a little help from Cinder and the Lunar team.
In her first graphic novel, bestselling author Marissa Meyer extends the world of the Lunar Chronicles with a brand-new, action-packed story about Iko, the android with a heart of (mechanized) gold. When rogue packs of wolf-hybrid soldiers threaten the tenuous peace alliance between Earth and Luna, Iko takes it upon herself to hunt down the soldiers' leader. She is soon working with a handsome royal guard who forces her to question everything she knows about love, loyalty, and her own humanity. With appearances by Cinder and the rest of the Rampion crew, this is a must-have for fans of the bestselling series.

Review 

This book is meant to be read after "Winter", the last book in the "Lunar Chronicles". This review will contain spoilers for the series.

I absolutely love "The Lunar Chronicles" and Marissa Meyer is one of my favorite authors. I found out about this book months ago and was so excited to get my hands on it. On the day of it's release I went to Barnes and Noble and picked up my copy.

The book takes place after the revolution and Princess Selene has claimed her right to Lunar's throne. While she was hoping for peace, the Lunar soldiers, that Levana created, are still on Earthen soil killing innocent people. The story follows Iko and her quest to rid Earth of these soldiers.

I love all of the characters in " The Lunar Chronicles" but Iko is one of my very favorites. So I was excited to find that this would be about her. Though I was very happy to see that all of the characters had a part in the story as well.
I haven't read very many graphic novels but I really enjoyed the format for this book. I liked seeing the characters drawn out and to be able to see the rampion and Artemisia Castle and the farm and all those things from the series. I personally liked the artist's take on the story.

The story itself was very enjoyable. It was basically just setting up for this graphic novel series so it left off at basically the beginning of the conflict. I can't wait to read the next book, but it looks like it may come out at some point in 2018. There isn't a specific release dat yet.

The only problem I had with the book was that the characters didn't really seem like themselves, especially Thorne. He was basically just a big sap in the book and not at all like he is in "The Lunar Chronicles".  The other characters didn't really seem like themselves either. Iko was the only one that came really close, which is good since it's from her perspective.
Even though the characters weren't really themselves I still gave it four stars. I love this series and I loved the story. It's a very quick read. So if you're looking for something you can read in one sitting then this is great for that.

Did you read this book? What did you think?  Did you think the characters not seem like themselves, or is that just me? Let me know down in the comments.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)