January Wrap Up

Sunday, February 12, 2017


So I realize we're already half way through February, but this is better late than never right? What I read in January ended up being quite different than I planned. Here's my January TBR list so you can get an idea of what changed.



Here are the books I read in the month of January 2017 in order of when I read them...



Read my Review HERE  ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"Peter is plotting his retaliation against the latest bombing. Neverland needs an army, and Peter Pan is certain children will join him once they know what is at stake. The lost boys and girls are planning an invasion in suburbia to recruit, but in order to deliver their message, they will need the help of an old and dangerous associate—the infamous Pied Piper.
The Piper isn't the only one hiding from the adults' war on magic though, and when Gwen goes back to reality, she'll have to confront one of Peter's oldest friends… and one of his earliest enemies.
Hunting him down will require a spy in in the real world, and Gwen soon finds herself in charge of locating the Piper and cutting an uncertain deal with him. She isn't sure if Peter trusts her that much, or if he's just trying to keep her away from him in Neverland. Are they friends, or just allies? But Peter might not even matter now that she's nearly home and meeting with Jay again."





Read my review HERE  ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️


"My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster."





Read my review HERE  ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 

"At least one-third of the people we know are introverts. They are the ones who prefer listening to speaking, reading to partying; who innovate and create but dislike self-promotion; who favor working on their own over brainstorming in teams. Although they are often labeled "quiet," it is to introverts that we owe many of the great contributions to society--from van Gogh’s sunflowers to the invention of the personal computer.

This extraordinary book has the power to permanently change how we see introverts and, equally important, how introverts see themselves."









Read my review HERE  ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"Welcome, boys and girls, readers of all ages, to the first-ever Library Olympiad! Kyle and his teammates are back, and the world-famous game maker, Luigi Lemoncello, is at it again!

This time Mr. Lemoncello has invited teams from all across America to compete in the first ever LIBRARY OLYMPICS. Will it be fun? Like the commercials say. . . HELLO? It’s a Lemoncello! But something suspicious is going on . . . books are missing from Mr. Lemoncello’s library. Is someone trying to CENSOR what the kids are reading?! In between figuring out mind-boggling challenges, the kids will have to band together to get to the bottom of this mystery.

Now it’s not just a game—can Mr. Lemoncello find the real defenders of books and champions of libraries?"




I didn't end up writing a review on this one but I gave it ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
This is the last and 6th book in the "Origami Yoda" series by Tom Angleberger. I began reading the series in 2012 and read all of them and began this last book but DNF'd it. This year I decided I wanted to finish the series so I listened to this book on Audiobook. It's my least favorite in the series.

"The Origami Rebel Alliance is off to Washington D.C.! After gloriously defeating the FunTime Menace, the seventh graders of McQuarrie Middle School expect their hard-earned field trip to be totally stooky! But there's a hitch. Principal Rabbski has banned origami. Without the Jedi-wise advice of Origami Yoda, how will Tommy and the gang navigate the serious drama of a class trip?
Luckily Dwight comes prepared with green Fruit Roll-Ups that he can whip into emergency Fruitgami Yodas. Unluckily, Harvey also comes prepared with a wrinkly, hateful pickle... Can Fruitgami Yoda figure out why Emperor Pickletine is acting so sour, before the Emperor pushes this field trip into the Dark Side?
The final battle between the forces of good and evil at McQuarrie has everything: Twists! Turns! Snacks! Secrets! But who is keeping the biggest secret of all? Origami Yoda himself, and it's a shocker!"


Read my review HERE  ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️


' "I bought the milk," said my father. "I walked out of the corner shop, and heard a noise like this: thummthumm. I looked up and saw a huge silver disc hovering in the air above Marshall Road."

"Hullo," I said to myself. "That's not something you see every day. And then something odd happened."

Find out just how odd things get in this hilarious story of time travel and breakfast cereal.'










Books I Started in January but Haven't Finished

I just finished this book a few days ago but was not able to finish before the end of January. The review will be coming tomorrow.

"In the town of Spring Haven, four children have been selected to compete in the national candymaking contest of a lifetime. Who will make a candy more delicious than the Oozing Crunchorama or the Neon Yellow Lightning Chew?

Logan, the candymaker's son, who can detect the color of chocolate by feel alone?

Miles, the boy allergic to rowboats and the color pink?

Daisy, the cheerful girl who can lift a fifty-pound lump of taffy as if it were a feather?

Philip, the suit-and-tie-wearing boy who's always scribbling in a secret notebook?

This sweet, charming, and cleverly crafted story, told from each contestant's perspective, is filled with mystery, friendship, and juicy revelations."


Book 2 of the "Passenger" duology by Alexandra Bracken

This book is over 500 pages and has been taking me longer to read than I would have liked. Right now I'm at page 367 of 532. So hopefully I will have it finished soon and then I will have a review up.

"All Etta Spencer wanted was to make her violin debut when she was thrust into a treacherous world where the struggle for power could alter history. After losing the one thing that would have allowed her to protect the Timeline, and the one person worth fighting for, Etta awakens alone in an unknown place and time, exposed to the threat of the two groups who would rather see her dead than succeed. When help arrives, it comes from the last person Etta ever expected—Julian Ironwood, the Grand Master’s heir who has long been presumed dead, and whose dangerous alliance with a man from Etta’s past could put them both at risk.
Meanwhile, Nicholas and Sophia are racing through time in order to locate Etta and the missing astrolabe with Ironwood travelers hot on their trail. They cross paths with a mercenary-for-hire, a cheeky girl named Li Min who quickly develops a flirtation with Sophia. But as the three of them attempt to evade their pursuers, Nicholas soon realizes that one of his companions may have ulterior motives.

As Etta and Nicholas fight to make their way back to one another, from Imperial Russia to the Vatican catacombs, time is rapidly shifting and changing into something unrecognizable… and might just run out on both of them."

Have you read any of these books or do you plan on reading any of them? Let me know down in the comments!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)