Review: "The Piper's Price" by Audrey Greathouse

Monday, January 9, 2017






Expected Publication: February 21, 2017 by Smashwords Edition

Series: Book 2

Pages: ebook

Genre: YA, Retellings, Fantasy

How I Obtained this Book: I received an eARC copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.


Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️



*Please note: This is the second book in a series and contains spoilers for the first book. You can read my review for the first book here: "The Neverland Wars" and can find out more about the book by visiting the Goodreads page.


Summary



Peter is plotting his retaliation against the latest bombing. Neverland needs an army, and Peter Pan is certain children will join him once they know what is at stake. The lost boys and girls are planning an invasion in suburbia to recruit, but in order to deliver their message, they will need the help of an old and dangerous associate―the infamous Pied Piper.
Hunting him down will require a spy in in the real world, and Gwen soon finds herself in charge of locating the Piper and cutting an uncertain deal with him. She isn't sure if Peter trusts her that much, or if he's just trying to keep her away from him in Neverland. Are they friends, or just allies? But Peter might not even matter now that she's nearly home and meeting with Jay again.
The Piper isn't the only one hiding from the adults' war on magic though, and when Gwen goes back to reality, she'll have to confront one of Peter's oldest friends… and one of his earliest enemies.

My Review 

The gang is all back in this sequel of the Peter Pan retelling, "The Neverland Wars" by Audrey Greathouse.
In "The Piper's Price" we rejoin Gwen and Peter as they try and find a way to contact the Piper and get his help to recruit children in order to save Neverland.
After the ending from the first book that left me hanging, I was happy to be back in this world and find out what had happened with Gwen and Peter. It was enjoyable to find out all of the answers to the questions I had swimming around in my mind after reading "The Neverland Wars".
As much as I enjoyed the first book, I must say, that I enjoyed this one a bit more. There was a lot more action, especially in the second half of the book. I also got to see more of Peter and Gwen's personality. I loved seeing how loyal Peter was to his friends and how committed to his cause that he is. I also loved seeing Gwen grow through her experiences and to see how much she loved her sister and would do anything for her.
As an adult reading this book I can understand how heartbreaking it can be for an adult to lose a child to Peter. It is understandable why an adult would not want that child to leave for Neverland. However, at the same time I can see the appeal in being whisked away to Neverland to have fun playing with Peter and the other children. It was fun to go on this adventure with them through the eyes of Gwen.
If I were a child and Peter came knocking on my window, would I go off with him? You bet!
I can't wait to get the third book in my hands so I can see what other adventures await for Peter and the other children.

If you loved the first book, or even if you didn't, I would highly recommend giving this book a read.

The book is set to be released on February 21st and you can preorder it now by going to Amazon


About the Author

Audrey Greathouse is a Seattle-based author of science-fiction and fantasy. Raised in the suburbs, she became a writer after being introduced to NaNoWriMo during her sophmore year of high school. Since then, she has drafted more than a dozen books, 100 sonnets, and 800 other poems, and a handful of short stories and one-act plays.

After dropping out of her university and beginning training as a circus performer on the aerial silks, she returned to school to study at Southern New Hampshire University College of Online and Continuing Education to earn her B.A. in English Language and Literature, with a minor in Computer Information Technologies.

Audrey Greathouse is a die-hard punk cabaret fan, and pianist of fourteen years. She's usually somewhere along the west coast, and she is always writing.



Are you planning on reading this series? If you read the book let me know what you thought down in the comments!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)