Review: "Fortunately, the Milk" by Neil Gaiman

Sunday, January 29, 2017



Published: September 17, 2013 by HarperCollins 

Series: Stand alone

Format: Audiobook; 00:58:54; Performed by Neil Gaiman

Genre: Middle Grade; Fantasy; Humor; Adventure

How I Obtained this Book: I listened to a copy of this audiobook that I checked out through my library using the Overdrive website. I was not asked to give a review. All opinions are my own.


Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️









Summary

"I bought the milk," said my father. "I walked out of the corner shop, and heard a noise like this: thummthumm. I looked up and saw a huge silver disc hovering in the air above Marshall Road."
"Hullo," I said to myself. "That's not something you see every day. And then something odd happened."

Find out just how odd things get in this hilarious story of time travel and breakfast cereal.


My Review


There's no milk in the house and the children can't have their breakfast without it. There father leaves to go down to the corner shop to get milk and returns with a fun story to tell his children as to why it took him so long to return.
If you are looking for a book that is a quick read or a quick listen, one that is light hearted and will bring a smile to your face, then this is the perfect book.
I listened to this book on audiobook and I'm so glad I did. I could listen to Neil Gaiman talk all day. I love his voice and he was brilliant at performing the story. I always love when an author is the audiobook performer for their story because they are the ones that know the story so well.
I ended up going to the library and flipping through the actual book, after listening to it, so that I could see all of the great illustrations.
I would recommend listening to this book while following along with the actual book. This way you can experience the book by listening to Neil Gaiman's performance and still be able to see the illustrations.
"Fortunately, the Milk" is fun and hilarious and perfect for all ages. You could enjoy it yourself or share in the fun with a child you know.

Have you read or listened to this book? I'd love to know your thoughts. Let me know down in the comments!


SaveSave

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)