Review: "Everything, Everything" by Nicola Yoon

Friday, January 20, 2017




Published: September 3rd 2015 by Corgi Childrens

Series: Stand alone

Format: Audiobook; 6:44:30; Read by Bahni Turpin

Genre: YA, Contemporary, Romance

How I Obtained this Book: I listened to the audiobook which I checked out through my library from the OneClickDigital site. I was not asked to give a review. All opinions are my own.


Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️





Summary

Madeline Whittier is allergic to the outside world. So allergic, in fact, that she has never left the house in all of her seventeen years. But when Olly moves in next door, and wants to talk to Maddie, tiny holes start to appear in the protective bubble her mother has built around her. Olly writes his IM address on a piece of paper, shows it at her window, and suddenly, a door opens. But does Maddie dare to step outside her comfort zone?
Everything, Everything is about the thrill and heartbreak that happens when we break out of our shell to do crazy, sometimes death-defying things for love. -Goodreads

My Review 

I don't usually listen to audiobooks but I have a lot of stories I want to read and I drive a lot. I also spend a lot of time drawing (for my job). So I decided that instead of listening to music on my drive or binge watching Netflix, I would listen to audiobooks.
"Everything, Everything" has been on my to read list for awhile and it might have been on my list for a lot longer had I not decided to listen to it on audiobook. I'm so glad I made time for it because I absolutely loved this story! This is my first five star review of the year.
Not only was the story amazing but I enjoyed listening to it. Bahni Turpin, who performed the story, did an amazing job. I enjoyed hearing the words acted out and in her voice.
As for the story itself, I felt like the characters and dialogue were very well written. The plot was genius, in my opinion, and very well thought out. I liked that it included book reviews, letters, emails and things like that, which made the story more fun. The love story was so sweet and I was swooning through the whole thing. Madeline was such a great protagonist and I wish she were real so we could be best friends. And that ending! The book was sad, and happy and fun and I gave it a five star review because I loved absolutely everything, everything about this book ;) From beginning to end, there was nothing I did not like about it.
I highly recommend this book if you're looking for an a quick contemporary read with a sweet romance and an amazing message. It really makes you love life, love, and the world more.

Have you read this book? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. Share them down in the comments!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)