Goals for 2017

Sunday, January 8, 2017



I'm dusting off the cobwebs here on the blog and hoping to make 2017 a more productive year with more blog posts.
I slacked off with my blog posts midway through the year, even though I was still reading but I'm hoping to be more consistent this year.
My total books read for 2016 was 39 books. This year I set a goal on Goodreads for 30 but I'm hoping to get more in. I wanted to set my goal low and not stress about needing to reach a high number.

One of my other goals is to write more outside of Nanowrimo and one of my favorite booktubers and fellow Nanowrimo lovers, Kristina Horner, has created #wordbound to do just that.
She will be posting writing prompts on her blog every Wednesday to help writer's reach their writing goals. So I've decided to participate in this.

The first prompt is:


My Writing Goals for 2017:

1. Edit my outline for my story "Never Planned on You"
2. Finish writing the rough draft of "Never Planned on You"
3. Write Children's short stories and submit for publication
4. Write at least 50k words towards a new novel during Nanowrimo
5. Write at least two blog post a month (but hopefully more)

What Does #Wordbound Mean to You?

I have loved to tell stories even before I was old enough to write but writing has often taken a backseat or has been something that I only do during Nanowrimo. I want to write more but I don't want to put so much pressure on myself. I want to have fun writing and work hard at it but if I don't get published that's okay. So #wordbound means that I am bound by love for writing but it should be something that I enjoy for myself and hopefully it will entertain or even help others. I've always kept my writing to myself but maybe this year will be the year I put it out into the world. But if it doesn't get published that's okay too because writing is just something that I love doing. And if I've only just entertained myself or my family and friends then that's okay too. I may even post some of my writing here on the blog for you guys to read.

What are your goals for 2017? Let me know down in the comments!


4 comments:

  1. I think these are great goals! NaNoWriMo is a lot of fun; I've done it twice. It's nice to have year-round plans, though, keeping the writing muscle active. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I agree it's time to write more through out the year :)

      Delete
  2. These are amazing goals, Andrea! And I have to agree with you that one of my goals this year is to write more outside of NaNo and Camp NaNo! I'm always here if you need to chit chat!

    xo Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie! And I'm always here if you want to chat!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)