Camp Nanowrimo July: Week One Update

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Every Sunday I will be posting about my progress on my writing for Camp Nanowrimo July. (Don't know what Camp Nanowrimo is? Click on the links to find out more! If you love to write then you'll love Camp Nanowrimo!) I will include things like my favorite line written from the week, how I'm feeling about my writing, insights, and more! So be sure to check back here every Sunday! Also I would love to hear how your camp experience is going if you are participating, so be sure to let me know down in the comments. We can cheer each other on.



                   

*Note: This update is for Day 1 through Day 9


WORD COUNT STATS:


Total Words Written: 10,246

Words Written This Week: 10,246

Words Left: 39,754


WRITING SAMPLES:


First Sentence I Wrote:  "You're listening to 104.5 POP FM, Living the Pop Life."

Let Sentence I wrote: The buildings and the ponies were so unique, different than anything you would ever find in Canterlot or any where else really. (I switched to a My Little Pony fanfic yesterday)

My Favorite Line/Sentence: "They'll be plenty of women for you to scare later," Carmen said. "We need your signatures."

My Favorite Scene: 

     We all cheered when the tram finally started to move, maybe we would make it in time.
Our cheers died just a few seconds later, though, when the tram halted to a stop, right on top of one of the bridges that crossed over the now full, parking lot.
“What now,” Tatum screamed at the driver.
A voice crackled over the loud speaker. “Just experiencing a few technical difficulties. Sit tight, and we’ll be on our way in a few minutes.”
“A few minutes,” we all yelled at once.
“We barely even have a minute left." I threw my head in my hands, trying desperately not to have a panic attack. This was our one chance to get tickets. We were so close, and now we wouldn’t even have a chance to try in the hunt.
“This is ridiculous.” Carmen turned to us. “Look girls. We’ve already come too far to just give up now. If we don’t do something then we’re just practically handing the tickets to that other team. I for one don’t want to see Arianna and her minions any where near our boys.” She took a deep breath, looking around. “We deserve this don’t we? Aren’t we Taking Back Autumn’s biggest fans? I mean look at us.”
“Of course you’re right.” Tatum adjusted her baseball cap. She had covered it in pins with the boys faces and lyrics from their songs. “But what are we supposed to do?”
Carmen stood to her feet. “We get off this slow boat and make a run for it.”
“All guests are reminded to stay seated while we sort this out,” came a loud voice over the speaker. 
Defiantly Carmen stayed standing. “You all stay here and rot if you want to,” she shouted. “I’m going to the park.”
“Carmen,” I said, tugging on her shirt. “Do you want us to get kicked out before we even step foot into the park?”
“What is he going to do? He can’t even work a stupid tram.” She glanced over at the other girls. “Now who’s with me? We either get off this thing now or we sit back and lose to Arianna. And they get to watch our boys instead of us. We’ve already wasted too much time as it is.”
“Carmen’s right.” Lacey stood up. “Let’s go.”
“Why not.” Tatum jumped to her feet.
“But we’re on a bridge.” I looked over the edge of the tram. That would be some fall. By the time I tore myself a way from the view, the girls were already sneaking off the tram on the other side.
“What are you girls doing.” I quickly looked over at the tram driver. His face was red and his forehead scrunched up. “You get back into the tram now. There is no leaving the tram until we’ve arrived to the park entrance.”
“It’s now or never, Sammie,” Carmen shouted to me. They were inching their way down the track, past all of the on lookers who watched. Some amused, some looked horrified.
I took a deep breath and slid out of the tram seat and onto the track. I was grounded for sure, but as long as it was after we saw the concert. It would all be worth it to have a chance to be so close to Bleu that I could reach out and touch him. That thought is what made swallow my fear of heights and push on. 


WRITERLY FEELINGS:


I'm Feeling: like even though I have my story planned out, that it's not as exciting to write as I thought. It's not going as well as I had envisioned when I was planning it out. 
I had two stories that I was planning for camp so I've started writing the second one as well as this and may just go back and forth. The second story is a My Little Pony fanfic that is sort of a Rainbow Brite retelling with ponies plus my own ideas and twists. 

What I Learned: That sometimes when I'm really feeling down on my story it's good to sit back and regroup then keep writing and not give up when the going gets tough. Camp is about getting words down.

My Best Writing Session: Day two...I wrote 2,324 words in one sitting

Trials, Tribulations & Triumphs: I've been having pretty bad headaches this first week and it has been difficult to concentrate on writing. I've only skipped one day of writing though, even though some days I may have written only a 100 words or so. I still want to achieve my goal of writing 50K this month so I'm going to continue on. Hopefully week two will be a bit better.

Things to Keep in Mind Next Week: Just keep writing and have fun with it. Remember that a first draft is just for me. No one has to read it until I feel it's ready to be read.



Well that's it for now! I hope you enjoyed reading about my progress. Be sure to check back next Sunday for another update on my writing progress!

Are you participating in Camp Nanowrimo this month? Let me know down in the comments how your first week went!


P.S: Find me on the Camp Nanowrimo website here: My Profile Page


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)