May Book Haul

Saturday, June 4, 2016


During the month of May I was in a bit of a reading slump but I did manage to find a lot of great books to add to my collection. Read on to see what those books are...




There's just something I love about searching through used bookstores for books, it's like going on a treasure hunt! Only one of these books was a new release, the rest I got in beautiful brand new condition at a used book store. Except for three of the Selection series, I got those on Amazon. 



"The Selection Series" by Kiera Cass

I was in a bookstore and found "The Selection" and "The One" for a great price and because I got those two I, of course, needed to have the second book, "The Elite". I went on Amazon to buy it and ended up caving in and getting "The Heir" and "The Crown" as well. I had previously decided not to read those two books because I wasn't entirely sure I'd like them and they weren't getting very good reviews. However, in the end, I decided I should read them and see for myself. Plus I kind of wanted to have the entire series for my collection, anyway. Also I'll be purchasing "Happily Ever After" as soon as that comes out in paperback.




I've been seeing these books show up on Booktube and Bookstagram a lot lately since the third book in this series just came out in May. I don't know too much about these books but from the synopsis it sounds pretty intriguing. Both of these books together only cost $1 and they were in brand new condition so I decided to pick them up and give them a try. 



"The Neverland Wars" by Audrey Greathouse 

This book was released in May and I decided to purchase a paperback copy of it through Amazon. You can read my review and thoughts on the book HERE



"Me Before You" by Jojo Moyes

This book has been getting a ton of hype lately as the movie is about to be released. I have to admit that I've been having a war in my head on whether or not to read it.  I've already figure out a lot that happens in the book without even reading it, plus I just have not been in the mood for overly sad books. However, when I saw a beautiful brand new copy at the used bookstore, for only $2, I decided to get it. Not sure if I'll go see the movie, but if I do decide to see it I'll want to read the book first. Hopefully this book won't destroy me.



"The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger

This is a book I decided to pick up on a whim when I saw it on sale at the bookstore, only $.50. I saw the movie years ago and enjoyed it. Not sure if I'll like the book or not, but eventually I'd like to give it a chance.



"The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak

I tried reading this book several years ago, but I was in such a bad place at the time that reading a book told from the perspective of death wasn't a good idea for me. Now that life is better, I'm wanting to give this book another try.  



"Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline

I've heard so many great reviews of this book and the idea of the story is so intriguing. This book has been on my TBR for quite a long time. I hope to get to it soon and that it lives up to all of the hype.




I've been a fan of Nicholas Sparks for years and years. I remember doing some of my book reports in high school on his books. He is an automatic buy author for me. I always know what I'm getting with his books and I like that. I've gotten so behind on reading his books. Even though I've seen all three of these movies I have yet to read them. Although I did read the majority of "The Notebook" when I was young, and then put the book down when I got to the sexy scene. Haha. Then I just never got round to reading it again.




This was a cover buy for me. I was so intrigued by the cover and the title and how great of condition the book was in that I decided to pick it up. It also sounds like a really fun story and I look forward to reading it.

~ ~ ~ ~


So those are all of the books that I purchased in the month of May. I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Have you read any of these books? What did you think? Also what was your favorite book that you purchased or read in May? Let me know down in the comments!


















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)