#rockmytbr book tag

Wednesday, May 18, 2016


Today I'm going to be doing a book tag that I found over at spinesandcovers.com. Here's a link to her post: #ROCKMYTBR BOOK AND SONG TAG 
I wasn't tagged and I think this is a bit of an old tag but it looked like fun so here goes...


1. SMELL LIKE TEEN SPIRIT (Nirvana) – A Contemporary I Want to Read

I'm so excited to get to "The Last Boy and Girl in the World" by Siobhan Vivian! The plot sounds amazing and I read the first page and was already in love. I'm hoping to get to this one very soon!



2. SHUT UP AND DANCE (Walk to the Moon) – Most Anticipated Book

I absolutely can not wait to read "Heartless" by Marissa Meyer! The plot sounds amazing and I love Marissa Meyer's writing! If this is even half as good as the Lunar Chronicles then I know I will love it!




3. CENTURIES (REMIX) (Fall Out Boy) – A Twist on a Classic or Fairy Tale

I am a huge fan of the character, Hook, and when I found out that "Never Never" by Brianna R. Shurm was from his perspective I immediately put it on my TBR list. It sounds sort of similar to "Unhooked" by Lisa Maxwell and I am over the moon in love with that book. Hopefully I'll love this one as well.




4. YOSHIMI BATTLES THE PINK ROBOT (The Flaming Lips) – A Science Fiction Book or a Book Set in the Future

I don't know a whole lot about "These Broken Stars" by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner but the cover is gorgeous. The synopsis also sounds very intriguing so I'm looking forward to giving this book a try.



5. SHE LOOKS SO PERFECT (5 Seconds of Summer) – A Book with a Girl on the Cover

I am incredibly looking forward to reading "The Winner's Trilogy" by Marie Rutkoski. I've heard so many good things about it. The synopsis sounds fantastic and the covers are gorgeous.



6. AFRICA (Toto) – A Book Set in a Foreign Country

"The Crown's Game" by Evelyn Skye is a fantasy set in Russia. After hearing the author talk about her book in an interview, with JessetheReader over on YouTube, I am even more excited to read this one.




7. ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST (Queen) – A Book or Books That Will Complete a Series

I read "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins in February and have yet to continue on with the trilogy. I am planning on reading "Catching Fire" this month and then reading "Mockingjay" next month. I am infinitely behind on reading this trilogy (even though I did see the movies) so that ends this summer!




8. SOMEONE NEW (Hozier) – A Book by an Author You Haven’t Read Yet

I've heard so many wonderful things about "The Raven Cycle" by Maggie Stiefvater and have yet to read any of her books. I hope to start reading this series soon. It's a little out of my comfort zone but hopefully I'll enjoy it.




9. HELLO (Adele) – A Book your DNF or Weren’t in the Mood for at the Time

I picked up "How Not to Make a Wish" by Mindy Klasky on a whim at a used book store. I started reading it and just couldn't get through it. I felt like I was forcing myself through it. Of course it may have been because I was distracted. I didn't really like the main character and the story just wasn't doing it for me. It also may have been because I had just finished reading the second Harry Potter book and was overly anxious to move on to the third. Even so I don't think I'll be picking this one up again. 

If you've been reading my blog then you know I'm a huge fan of The Lunar Chronicles. I picked up "Fairest" by Marissa Meyer before reading "Winter". I ended up DNFing "Fairest" at 21 pages. You can read my thoughts on why I did that HERE (Scroll all the way to the end).




10. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT (Kylie Minogue)– A Book You Bought Because of the Cover

The first time I saw the "Furthermore" cover I fell in love and rushed over to Amazon and preordered it. The plot sounds amazing and if it's as good as the cover then I know I'll love it. Whether I enjoy the story or not,  I'll have a beautiful book to display on my shelf.

I was at Barnes and Noble when I spotted "Behind the Canvas" by Alexander Vance sitting on the shelf. I was immediately drawn to it because of the cover. I'm a huge fan of art and I love going to art museums. When I saw a girl stepping into a canvas I knew this one had to be good. I ended up purchasing it and am incredibly excited to dive into this book.

~~~

I hope you enjoyed reading this list. If you'd like to do this as well then consider yourself tagged. Let me know in the comments if you do. Also, if you've read any of these books I'd love to hear your thoughts! (no spoilers please).



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)