April Wrap Up 2016

Tuesday, May 3, 2016



April has been such a great reading month for me! I've enjoyed pretty much all of the books I've read and had the opportunity to read a variety of different stories. Also this has turned out to be slightly different than my TBR list.
Keep reading to find out what books I read this month...



Novels



My rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️


First up, I read an eARC copy of "The Neverland Wars" by Audrey Greathouse. Audrey was nice enough to send me her book in exchange for review.

I will soon be participating in a blog tour for this book so keep a look out for that!

You can read my full review by going here: Review for "The Neverland Wars"











My rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"Unhooked" by Lisa Maxwell was my favorite read of the month and possibly my favorite of the year so far!

You can read my full review by going here: Review for "Unhooked"












My rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️


I found another five star read in, "The Glittering Court" by Richelle Mead. This was the first book I've read by Richelle Mead and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

You can read my full review by going here: Review of "The Glittering Court"









Short Stories






My rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"Kindred Spirits" by Rainbow Rowell was a UK World Book Day exclusive that I was able to get my hands on through eBay. And I'm so glad I did because I loved this story so much! It was such a fun read.

You can read my full review by going here: Review of "Kindred Spirits"












My rating: Not yet rated

"Spot the Difference" by Juno Dawson is the second UK World Book Day exclusive that I also purchased through eBay.

I was able to only read half of this book before the month ended but am planning on reading the rest this month. So far I'm enjoying it!











Graphic Novels






My rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I've been hearing a lot about "Nimona" by Noelle Stevenson in the book community and really wanted to give it a try. I'm so glad I did because this was a beautiful and funny story. I not only loved the story but the artwork was wonderful as well.

You can read my full review by going here: Review of "Nimona"










My rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️


"Lumberjanes Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy"  was such a cute and fun book about five girls who are at a sleep away camp. They go on fun adventures that are all about girl power and friendship. I found all of their personalities to be unique and fun. I also loved how each of their skills came in handy on their quests. 
The artwork was so well done and fun and I just enjoyed everything about this. I can't wait to get my hands on the next volume!

You can read my full review by going here: Review of "Lumberjanes"








My rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"The Crystal Cadets" by Anne Toole was a graphic novel that I didn't enjoy as much as some of the others. I think it's because this one was a little too "young" for me. But I did find it to be very cute and ended up giving it four stars.













My rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I found "In Real Life" by Cory Doctorow and Jen Wang when I was browsing books in my local library. I thought the cover was beautiful and loved the artwork inside. Not only that but the story sounded very intriguing. So I decided to give it a try and I loved it!
Not only was the artwork beautiful but so was the story and the message behind it.











My rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Once Upon A Time is one of my very favorite tv shows, so when I found out about this graphic novel I had to give it a try. "Shadow of a Queen" by Daniel T. Thompson is a story about Regina and The Huntsman and goes into more of their relationship together. 
I don't know if it was because I was just really tired when I read this or because the book was boring me, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I was hoping. I think the TV show is much much better.
I also did not like the artwork in this book.









Rating: Not yet rated

"Out of the Past" was another Once Upon A Time short graphic novel. This time there are a few separate stories that follow Rumple and Belle, Killian, Jefferson, and Regina. 
I only managed to read Killian's story and then Rumple and Belle's stories before the month ended. I hope to read the other two this month. 
This one has been a little better than the other. I enjoyed both stories I've read so far, though I liked the artwork in Rumple and Belle's stories better.
Hopefully I'll enjoy the rest of this book.






DNF (Did Not Finish)




"Fairest" by Marissa Meyer is a short novel that is part of The Lunar Chronicles and is supposed to be read in between Cress and Winter.
I hadn't heard very many good things about this book but decided to give it a try. 
This book just goes to show how absolutely evil Levana really is and I could not take it.
I quit reading at page 22 and I had to force myself to go that far. I can't handle violent books and this one made me feel physically ill. I'll spare you the gory details and just say that I've decided I'm going to pretend this book doesn't exist. 
I've heard that the book doesn't add anything to the series so I'm not worried at all that I'm not finishing this. I'm so glad I got this from my library and didn't buy it!





Well that's it for my April Wrap-up. With just a couple exceptions, this month was such a great reading month! So many five star reviews! I'm really looking forward to reading more books next month and will have my May TBR up on the blog soon!

What was your favorite book that you read in April? Let me know down in the comments!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)