April 2016 Book Haul

Wednesday, May 4, 2016


Last month I was able to get my hands on a lot of great books! Including an eARC and two new releases! Keep reading to find out more about all of these books...

  

"Kindred Spirits" by Rainbow Rowell and "Spot the Difference" by Juno Dawson are two UK World Book Day books that I found out about through my UK friends. They sounded like stories I would be interested in so I tracked them down and found brand new copies for sale on eBay. I'm so happy I was able to get copies of these! I loved "Kindred Spirits" and I am half way through "Spot the Difference" and loving it so far.


Every time I go to my local library, I visit their used book store and I found this gem among the books. This copy of "The Raven Boys" by Maggie Stiefvater was brand new and in gorgeous condition. It looked as though it had never been read. So I picked it up for only .50 cents! I've heard a lot about "The Raven Cycle" series, especially now that the fourth and final book was released just a week ago. I have yet to read this series and I'm really looking forward to getting into it!


"Unhooked" by Lisa Maxwell was my favorite read of April. You can read all about my thoughts on it by checking out my review. I got a copy of this book from the library, but as soon as I finished the last page, I ordered my own copy off of Amazon. I'm so happy to have this book in my collection and look forward to many re-reads. 


"Shadow and Bone" by Leigh Bardugo was another gem I found at the library used bookstore last month. This book was also in brand new beautiful condition and I got the hardback copy of it for only $1. "The Grisha Series" is another one I've heard so many things about but haven't read yet. So I'm looking forward to getting into this as well. It seems to be a dark fantasy which is a bit out of my comfort zone. Although reading "Unhooked" (which is also dark fantasy) was out of my comfort zone and I absolutely loved it. Hopefully I'll love this book as well.


I went to Barnes and Noble and picked up "The Last Boy and Girl in the World" by Siobhan Vivian on the book's release day. This book sounds amazing and I'm dying to get to it. I'm trying to hold off for a bit as I'm trying to finish a few series I've started and read some other books I've purchased before this one. I may push this one ahead though, we'll see. Hopefully, I'll enjoy this story. I read the first page and it sounded great so we'll see how I feel about the rest of the book.



I received "Flawed" by Cecelia Ahern in my April Owlcrate box. This book sounds so intriguing and I'm really looking forward to reading it. I've heard a lot of bad reviews on this one, so fingers crossed that I'm one of the ones that will love it. There were a lot of bad reviews for "The Glittering Court" by Richelle Mead and I gave that five stars. It just gives me hope that I may like another book with a lot of bad reviews. I'm hoping to get to this book in June so we'll see how I feel about it.

  

I picked up books 1-3 of "A Series of Unfortunate Events" by Lemony Snicket at the library used book store. These books were two hardbacks and one paperback and weren't in the bests of conditions because these were actually used library books. I decided to go ahead and get them anyway as they  only cost $2.50 for all of them. This is a series that I never ended up reading as a child and feel like I missed out as I've heard so many wonderful things about them. So I've decided I'll give them a try.


"The One and Only Ivan" by Katherine Applegate was one of my favorite reads from 2013. I also found this one at the used library bookstore and picked up a hardback copy for only a $1. This one was also a used library book and so the cover wasn't in the best of conditions. It wasn't too bad so I decided to get it. I'm happy to finally have a copy of this beautiful story.


I picked up this Toy Story graphic novel, "Toy vs. Toy: Some Assembly Required" on the same day I picked up "The One and Only Ivan. The bookstore was having a buy one get one free sale, and I grabbed this as my free book because I'm a huge fan of Toy Story and this looked like an adorable tale.


Last but not least is the eARC copy I got of "The Neverland Wars" by Audrey Greathouse. Andrey was kind enough to send me an eCopy of her book in exchange for review. This was such a great story and I'm so excited for it's release this month on May 9th!


Well that's all of the books I collected during the month of April! I hope you enjoyed reading my list and that maybe you've found a few books you want to add to your reading list!

Have you read any of these books or do you plan on reading any of them? Let me know down in the comments!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)