Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Bookish Delights

Tuesday, April 26, 2016



The Top Ten Tuesday topic of the day over on the Broke and Bookish blog is: Top Ten Bookish Delights! This topic is inspired by this: blog post


1. The Smell of New Books







I don't know about you but I sure do love the smell of a new book. You can often find my head in a book, not reading it but sniffing it lol It's nice to know I'm not alone in this!











2. Watching people on Booktube talk about books



It's my favorite way to find new books and there's just something I love about watching other book lovers talk about books. And is it weird that I love seeing someone holding a book in their hands while they talk about the book? There's just something about it lol






3. When Gorgeous art is featured on a book cover






Like this for example...I can't get over how gorgeous this Harry Potter cover art is! I want to take all of the artwork from this set and frame them!
As a lover of art and I lover of books, I'm so excited when I see those two things combined.










4. Seeing fan art of my favorite book characters





How awesome is this fan art of Cinder and Kai from The Lunar Chronicles by AdamMasterman! (click the photo to be taken to the source)
After I've read a book that I've fallen in love with, I love to search for artist's interpretations of the characters and scenes. I can't get enough of it!










5. The excitement of falling in love with a story




I don't find a story very often that I absolutely positively love, but when I do it feels soooo good!






6. The feeling of holding a brand new book in my hand




Don't get me wrong, I love used books too. Any book in my hand is great, but when it's a newly released book that I've been anticipating for a while, that's a good day!





7. Being in a library or bookstore surrounded by so many stories


I love being surrounded by books and seeing all of the possibilities! So many adventures await and are begging to be read. I love to look at libraries as a departure station that holds portals to other worlds. Where will you choose to go? I'm thinking I'll take the train to Hogwarts!





8. Getting bookish goodies or swag





From bookish related clothes to signed bookmarks and book plates, I love getting bookish swag!






9. Thinking back on past books read and having such great memories of reading them



Ahh memories! I love looking back with fondness on books.





10. Discovering new exciting stories to read




Adding books to the mile high stack that is my TBR pile and excited to read every one of them.









I hope you enjoyed reading about my top bookish delights! Let me know what some of yours are down in the comments! If you're participating in Top Ten Tuesday be sure to leave your link below so I can check out your list!






4 comments:

  1. Great list!

    I agree with you on the youtube thing, though I can't explain the fascination either! I just LOOOOVE?! watching people talk about books. Especially when there's no pressure for me to talk back, because half the time it would go something like this:

    --Have you read suchandsuch popular book blahblah?!
    Me: Uhm. Not yet!
    --Why not?! It's awesome, and great, and there are whizbangs and doodads, and you need to.
    Me: Okay, but...what if no?
    --No? What? What is WRONG WITH YOU?!
    Me: Uhm.......

    and would end with me crawling into a hole. LOL that's a pretty huge exaggeration, BUT the point remains--listening to people rave about books? Good. Having to talk back? Not always so good. XD

    Awesome post this week! Here's my TTT, if you'd like to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way you do! Plus I don't have anyone that I know in person that loves books as much as I do. So I have to seek them out online :)

      Delete
  2. Good list! I enjoy many of the same things you do too!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/04/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-bookworm.html

    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There's just so many amazing things for us readers to enjoy! It's exciting! I checked out your list! So many great things on there!
      Happy reading!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)