Review: "Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy"

Wednesday, April 13, 2016











Published:
April 7th 2015 by BOOM! Box

Series: Volume 1

Pages: 128

Genre: Graphic novel, Humor, Adventure, YA

How I Obtained this Book: I read a paperback copy of this book that I got from my local library. I have not been asked to review this book and all thoughts are my own.


Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️






At Miss Qiunzilla Thiskwin Penniquiqul Thistle Crumpet's camp for hard-core lady-types, things are not what they seem. Three-eyed foxes. Secret caves. Anagrams. Luckily, Jo, April, Mal, Molly, and Ripley are five rad, butt-kicking best pals determined to have an awesome summer together... And they're not gonna let a magical quest or an array of supernatural critters get in their way! The mystery keeps getting bigger, and it all begins here. -Goodreads


I thoroughly enjoyed this adorable and fun graphic novel! Each character was unique and added something to the story with their knowledge gained through earning lumberjane badges. They also had such fun personalities.

I don't think I ever laughed so much while reading a book. These girls go on a series of adventures and I wish I could have been right there with them during all of it.

Not only was this a unique and enjoyable read but the artwork was beautiful and so well done. I enjoyed that this was set up like a scouting manual and thought that was so clever.

I recommend this book to anyone who wants a quick, funny story that is all about girl power and the importance of friendship.

I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on the next volume so I can see what happens to the Lumberjanes next!

Have you read the Lumberjanes? What did you think?







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)