March Book Haul

Friday, April 1, 2016


I'm so excited about all of the books I've collected over the month of March! Read on to find out what they are...







"Once Upon A Time: Shadow of the Queen" by Daniel T. Thomsen: I am a huge fan of the tv series, Once Upon A Time, and when I found out that it was in graphic novel form I had to get it! I ordered a copy on Amazon and can't wait to read it. This story goes into a bit more detail about Regina and the huntsman's relationship.

"Once Upon A Time: Out of the Past" by Kalinda Vazquez: This is the second book from the one above and I don't know much about this one but it looks like it has stories about more of the characters, my favorite being Hook. The cover is gorgeous and I can't wait to read more about my favorite characters.

"Twinkie Chan's Croceted Abode A La Mode: 20 Yummy Crochet Projects for Your Home" by Twinkie Chan: I am a huge fan of Twinkie Chan's fun crochet style and I find her patterns fun and easy to follow a long with. I've been hearing her talk about this new book of hers on social media since she started making it, so I of course had to order it. I preordered it on Amazon and it ended up arriving about a week or so before it's release date which is April first. I've already started making that banana split cushion that is featured on the cover!




"Behind the Canvas" by Alexander Vance: This is a new release middle grade novel and I came across it while I was browsing books in Barnes and Noble. I was immediately drawn to it because of the cover. I love art and I love going to art museums, so when I saw what looked like a girl stepping into a painting I had to see what it was about. The summary intrigued me enough that I decided to go ahead and buy it. I'm really excited to dive into this book and the world of art!

"The School for Good and Evil" (Book 1) by Soman Chainani: I've been seeing a lot of this book series being talked about on Booktube and Bookstagram and it sounds like such a great idea and a fun read. I saw a book box set at Barnes and Noble for the first two books in paperback and decided to pick them up. The third doesn't come out in paperback until the summer so I'll be waiting on that to complete the series.

"A World Without Princes" (Book 2) by Soman Chainani : Second book in the series from above. Really hoping I'll enjoy this series! The covers are absolutely beautiful!






"The Serpent King" by Jeff Zentner: This is a YA contemporary and was the Owlcrate book for this month. I was immediately intrigued by the summary and  there seems to be a lot of good reviews for this book so hopefully I'll be among those that love this one.

"Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking" by Susan Cain: My boyfriend has been urging me to read this book for a couple years now and I've started it a few times but never finished it. I found it for a good price on Amazon and decided to go ahead and order it. Since I am a very introverted person I really want to make time to read it. I've heard a lot of great things about this book. From what I've read of it so far, it's been a great way to understand my personality better and to know that I'm not broken because I'm a quiet person.

Preorder: "Furthermore" by Tahereh Mafi: This book doesn't come out until August 30th and I haven't received it yet. I preordered it off of Amazon this month so I thought I would include it in this haul. This is a total cover buy although the summary does sound very intriguing and a lot of fun. I am completely in love with this gorgeous cover art and think that something like this deserves to be framed. I'm really hoping I'll love the story as much as I love the cover.


Have you read any of these books? What are your thoughts on them? (No spoilers please) If you have a book haul post or video, leave a link down in the comments so I can check it out!






2 comments:

  1. This is such a great haul--congratulations on your new beauties!

    Behind the Canvas looks SO good, I'm going to have to look it up on Goodreads and see if I might want to pick it up.

    I've been seeing The Serpent King everywhere--fingers crossed you enjoy it, when you get the chance to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They both sound like such great books and I'm loving those covers! Hopefully they will be enjoyable reads!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)