Camp Nanowrimo: Day One Update

Saturday, April 2, 2016


Camp Nanowrimo has officially begun and day one is complete! Only twenty-nine more to go! Read on to see how my first day went and don't forget to let me know how your first day went as well!



Total Word Count Goal for the Month: 50,000

Total Words for Day One: 3,551

Words Left to Meet Goal: 46,449

First Line Written: “Probably best to go outside and die, if you’re going to do it,” I heard a female voice say.

Last Line Written: “One I never want to talk about,” he said, crossing his arms.

Summary of What Was Written: Kimmy is at camp and met Mal and Mo first and found out that Mal is not a very nice person and she’s been warned to stay away from a boy named Forest. She’s  also met Anna and Adam. There's a bit of a look into her past but nothing has been given away as to what really happened though it is hinted at.

~~~

I had a little bit of a hard time getting motivated but once I got started the words came pretty easy. Not my best writing day because I was distracted by other things but certainly not a bad day either. I went over my daily goal of 2k words. Feeling good so far. I like knowing what direction I want my novel to go in and I have a lot of ideas to write about. I'm starting to find that I do a lot better when I plan as opposed to pantsing. All this time I thought I was just a pantser but now I'm finding that I'm a bit of both. I don't write out detailed outlines from beginning to end but I do well when I write out lists of ideas that could happen in the story. I also have several ideas for the end. It also helps me to have detailed character sheets so that I know my characters really well. I think knowing my characters helps me out more than anything else.

Overall it's been a great start to Camp Nanowrimo and I'm looking forward to the rest of the month. I'll be posting weekly updates every Saturday in April and on Mondays I'll be posting inspirational things to keep you motivated during Camp. So keep a look out for those.

Are you participating in Camp Nanowrimo? How was your first day? Let me know down in the comments! 




6 comments:

  1. Hey Andrea. Yeah, I'm at camp I'm only shooting for 10,000 words this time. Day two and I'm at: 778...(lazy but in the ballpark) Nice to meet you, Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve! Nice to meet you too. Sounds like you're doing great! Hope you're enjoying your writing time!

      Delete
  2. Hey, i really like your blog. It looks so polished. I am doing camp nano and aiming for 30 000, which i am currently on target to reach. I am considering starting a blog similar to this with book reviews and stuff about my writing, do you have any tip for me? Also, maybe we could do some collaborations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thank you so much! That means a lot. When I started my blog I did a lot of research on how to set up blogs and found lots of helpful links. You can find some of the ones I found here: https://www.pinterest.com/artsyandream/blogging/ Also I'd say to read and comment on other book blogs. Review every book you read and share your links on social media. Hope this helps! And yes I'd love to do some collaborations

      Delete
    2. Thanks, i will check out those sites and continue to read your blog.

      Delete
    3. You're welcome! And thank you! <3

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)