Camp Nanowrimo April: Week Three Update

Saturday, April 23, 2016


Every Saturday I will be posting about my progress on my rough draft that I am writing during Camp Nanowrimo for April. (Don't know what Camp Nanowrimo is? Click on the links to find out more! If you love to write then you'll love Camp Nanowrimo!) I will include things like my favorite line written from the week, how I'm feeling about my writing, insights, and more! So be sure to check back here every Saturday! Also I would love to hear how your camp experience is going if you are participating, so be sure to let me know down in the comments. We can cheer each other on.

Check out my other updates here: 




Word Count Stats:



Total Words Written: 40,255

Words Written this Week: 12,641

Words Left: 9,745

Writing Samples:



First Sentence I Wrote: “You want to come over for dinner tonight?” Terrance asked, after they had left.

Last Sentence I Wrote: “Of course,” I said. “Come on up.”

My Favorite Line/Sentence: “I want to kiss you,” he whispered, brushing his nose against mine. “Please…please don’t let me,” he begged.

My Favorite Scene: 

“I do care about you, Junie. I do,” he said, beginning to raise his voice. “I’m sorry that I’ve hurt you. I’m sorry I didn’t talk to you first. You’re right, I should have…I…I just…I’m trying to do the best I can here…And…”

“Well it isn’t good enough,” I snapped back at him before he could finish. I jumped to my feet and he quickly followed.

As the words left my mouth, I instantly regretted them but my anger was taking over too much and I couldn’t bring myself to apologize.

His face had melted into shock and hurt. “I don’t need this you know,” he yelled at me as tears started running down his face.

“Neither do I,” I yelled and turned on my heels, running toward the tree house, not looking back.

I had almost made it to the ladder when I felt someone grab my arm and whip me around. Charlie pulled me into him, wrapping his arms around me and squeezing so tightly I was sure I would shatter into a million pieces.

“I can’t leave like this,” he breathed in to my hair. “I can’t stand you being angry with me. I need you to understand.”

I pulled back enough to look up in to his eyes. “Then talk to me, please.”


Writerly Feelings:



I'm Feeling: really great! This week has been excellent for my writing since I decided to switch stories. I've written every single day and have stayed right on target or a little bit above.

I Learnt: That I shouldn't think too much and that I should just write. I've learned more of how to write just for me and not worry about what others may think about my writing. It's been very freeing and writing has been more enjoyable. I can literally right anything I want. There are no rules when I'm sitting alone writing for myself.

My Best Writing Session: I'm not sure that I had a writing session this week that was better than any other because all of my writing sessions went really well. I did really enjoy what I was writing yesterday the most though. It was a really intense and emotional scene and I loved writing it.

Trials, Tribulations & Triumphs: This week went really smoothly and that was a triumph in itself. Every time I sat down to write, I already knew what I wanted to write. I had already dreamed up the words in my head so all I had to do was type them out. It also allowed me extra time for doing other things I love, like reading. I was able to read a novel in two days and fell completely in love with it. I'm on track with my words and with my tbr pile. So I'd have to say this has been the best week out of the month so far.

Things to Keep in Mind Next Week: I'm now in the final stretch with only one week left to go and less than 10K to write! The finish line is in sight and I know I can do this! Just keep going, just keep writing. Victory will feel so good because I set out to achieve a goal and didn't give up, even when the going got tough.


Well that's it for now! I hope you enjoyed reading about my progress. Be sure to check back next Saturday for the last and final update! Also you can see daily updates on my twitter feed

Are you participating in Camp Nanowrimo this month? Let me know down in the comments how your third week went!



P.S: Find me on the Camp Nanowrimo website here: My Profile Page


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)