Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Recent Five Star Reads

Tuesday, March 29, 2016




The Top Ten Tuesday topic of the day over on the Broke and Bookish blog is: Ten of my most recent five star reads. Read on to find out what mine are!



For me, a five star read is one that I loved from the very beginning of the book until the very end. It is a book that has very little in it that I did not enjoy. It is also one that I will most likely read again and one that I would recommend to others. Five star reads do not happen very often for me, so when I find one it is like finding a treasure. Here are a few of my most recent treasures:



                                                           
Finished Reading: 21 March 2016

Why I loved it: 

I fell in love with this story from the very first page. I laughed out loud so many times, I felt worried for the characters, and I fell in love with them and their stories. I was also able to relate to the main character in some ways and that made me love her even more.
This is one that I will most likely read again and again.

Any complaints: The only thing about this book that I didn't like was the repetition of characters constantly licking their lips. It just got a tad bit annoying.





Finished Reading: 28 February 2016

Why I loved it:

What an adventure! I absolutely loved this exciting ride through space! I laughed, I cried, it was thrilling. I thought the writing was well done. I loved the settings and the characters were so fun! I loved getting to know each one of them and I thought the character arcs were well written! I loved seeing how they progressed throughout the story.

Any complaints: There was a bit of language in it which is something I personally don't like in stories, but other than that this was a great read!






Finished Reading: 06 December 2015

Why I loved it: 

Every time I read a Harry Potter book I think I've found my favorite. I absolutely loved every single second that I was reading this. The writing is of course beyond beautiful, the characters are amazing and so well written I could swear they're real, and the setting, story, and world are amazing and captivating. I was so genuinely concerned for all of the characters. I think all of the plot twists were my favorite aspect of this story though. I love how J.K. Rowling can weave in so many hints and clues through out the whole story and then bring it all together at the end.
*Note: this is as far as I've gotten in this series right now which is why you don't see the last three books on this list. I'm sure they'll be five star reads as well!


Any complaints:  Zero complaints here



Finished Reading: 20 August 2015

Why I loved it: 

Another that I loved every second of reading. I fell in love with Hagrad's character in this one. I was so sad at how he was treated. He's such a big sweet teddy bear. I also loved Professor Lupin, he was probably my favorite character in this book. Again the plot twists were great and I kept wanting to know what was going to happen next!


Any complaints:  Zero complaints here







Finished Reading: 25 July 2015

Why I loved it: 

Not one of my absolute favorites in the series, but I still loved this book like crazy! I spent days at the pool reading this book and it was the perfect way to spend the summer! I could read about these characters forever and I love getting lost in the magical world of Hogwarts.


Any complaints:  Zero complaints here








Finished Reading: 13 July 2015

Why I loved it: 

From the first moment I started reading this book I couldn't put it down. It was a quick read for me and then I hurried on to the second book to find out what other mischief the characters would get themselves into. It's a perfect set up to this epic series and I loved it so much! Everything about it was perfect!


Any complaints:  That I didn't start reading this series when it came out. I think I was around 11 when it came out and it would have been perfect to grow up with Harry through the books and not just the movies. Shame on eleven year old Andrea for not reading this then!




Finished Reading: March 2015

Why I loved it: 

I first found out about Beverly Lewis and this book when I came across the movie on Netflix. I loved the movie so much that I had to give the book a try. I loved the main character, Katie Lapp, and enjoyed going along with her on her journey to find out where she belongs in the world. It was so nice to read about a different culture as I've always loved the Amish but didn't know much about them.


Any complaints:  It's been a while since I've read this so I can't remember if there was anything I didn't like.




 Finished Reading: 30 October 2014

Why I loved it: 

I came across this children's picture book when I was browsing books at Barnes and Noble and the title intrigued me. I wanted to know what you do with an idea. The artwork was so beautiful and whimsical and the story was very inspiring. I recommend this book to anyone at any age who has ever had an idea and has been afraid to share it. What do you do with an idea? Read this book and find out the inspiring answer!


Any complaints:   Zero complaints here





Finished Reading: 07 July 2014

Why I loved it: 

This is an absolutely adorable middle grade series called Origami Yoda and this book is book 5 in the series. I love reading middle grade stories because they're so fun, unique, and so different from Adult and YA books. I feel like there's a lot more room for play in them and I hope to write for this age group.
Because I love Star Wars I was intrigued by this series and decided to give it a try. It was so cute and I loved the way it was written, in case file format that the children were writing themselves. There was even a DIY activity in the back that shows you how to make the origami characters from the book!

Any complaints:   It's been a while since I've read this so I can't remember if there was anything I didn't like.



Finished Reading: 25 June 2013

Why I loved it: 

This was the first book I read of Beverly Lewis' even though I first found out about her through her movie, The Shunning. I loved the main character, Amelia, and enjoyed experiencing the Amish community for the first time with her. Beverly Lewis' writing is beautiful and I felt as though I could hear Amelia playing her fiddle. This was a beautiful story and I loved the relationship between her and Michael. And her friendship with Joanna.

Any complaints:   It's been a while since I've read this so I can't remember if there was anything I didn't like.







I hope you enjoyed reading about my recent five star reads! It was nice to go back and think about these favorite books of mine. What are some of your recent five star reads? If you are also participating in Top Ten Tuesday, leave your links below so I can check out your list!






4 comments:

  1. Yes to all of the Harry Potters. Such a great series. I really need to re-read it. Great list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Harry Potter is the best! I still have three books to go but it's already my favorite series by far!

      Delete
  2. What a great list! I hope you enjoy the rest of the Harry Potter books! Such an amazing series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Harry Potter is the best! I'm sure I'll love the rest of the series. I'm looking forward to reading them and then reading the series again and again! :)

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)