Throwback Thursday: Featuring a Book From the Past

Thursday, March 31, 2016




It is Throwback Thursday today on the blog and to celebrate I will be featuring a cherished book from my childhood. Read on to find out what it is!




Written and Illustrated by: Marissa Moss


Published: 1 January 1995


Publisher: Simon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books


Series: Amelia's Notebook #1


ISBN: 1416909052 (ISBN13: 9781416909057)




When Amelia's mom givs her a journal for her ninth birthday, Amelia has a place to share her truest feelings at last!


As someone who has always loved writing, journaling, and drawing, this book was perfect for me and was a series I treasured as a child.

I first came across this series when it was being published in the American Girl magazines. I think this story quickly became my favorite part of the magazine and I looked forward to a new issue every month so I could see what else Amelia was up too. It also had a huge impact on my own journals. I doodled more, pasted in more memorabilia and was so much more inspired to write and draw.

Eventually I came across the series in the library and started reading more of it and even got my mom to purchase a few copies for me. I don't know what happened to those copies but I wish I still had them as they bring back a lot of great childhood memories.

Have you heard of this series? Was it a favorite of yours as well? If not what was a favorite series from your childhood? Let me know down in the comments!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)