Review: "Cress" by Marissa Meyer

Monday, March 21, 2016





Published: February 4th 2014 by Feiwel & Friends

Series: The Lunar Chronicles #3

Pages: 550

Genre: YA, Sci-fi, Romance

How I Obtained this Book: I read a hardcover copy of this book that I got from my local library. I have not been asked to review this book and all thoughts are my own.


Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️









Even in the future. there are damsels in distress...
In the third installment of the Lunar chronicles, Cress, having risked everything to warn Cinder of Queen Levana's evil plan, has a slight problem. She's been imprisoned on a satellite since childhood and has only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress a great hacker. Unfortunately, she's just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress involving Cinder, Captain Thorne, Scarlet, and Wolf goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes as a high price. Meanwhile, Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has. -Goodreads Summary


This book has existed since 2014, and I am so sad that I am just reading this now!

I had a bit of a hard time getting into the first two books in this series (even though I came to love them), but not Cress! I fell in love with this story from the first page! I love Cress's character more than I know how to say!

I think I enjoyed reading this book way too much (if that's even possible). I laughed out loud so much, I was sad at times and so worried for the characters and couldn't wait to see what would happen next. There were a few times where I could guess what was going to happen but I wasn't bothered by it; I was just so excited to keep reading and get to those parts. And I loved every minute I was reading this book.

The story itself was exciting and I loved every single character even more in this book than I did in the previous ones. My favorites, though, were Cress and Thorne. They reminded me a lot of Flynn and Rapunzel in the disney version of Rapunzel and yet they were both still so unique and so realistic. I absolutely loved their relationship with one another and even though it moved along fast, it still felt so right. Gosh I can't even tell you how much I love Thorne. He may be arrogant but in such a funny, non-annoying way and the way he takes care of Cress and looks out for her makes his personality even more attractive.

Another favorite character of mine is Iko. I just don't think I could describe how much I love her! So witty and funny and I wish she was my best friend. Why does she have to be a book character? I want her to be real!

Like I said, I loved absolutely every minute of this book and that ending! It was so satisfying and so perfect and I can't wait to pick up Winter and keep reading! I'm really intrigued to find out more about  Princess Winter and her relationship with Jacin. Of course, I'm also wanting to see more of all of the couples in this book and to see how they bring down the horrible, evil Levana! Cause that has got to happen!

Honestly, I wish I could read this book over and over again for the first time because it was such a fun and exciting read. After being a bit disappointed with my last read, I was so happy to find that this book lived up to all of it's hype.

Even if you didn't enjoy the first two in this series, I highly highly recommend this one! In my honest opinion, it is the best one by far and I hope that Winter is just as exciting.

Have you read Cress? What did you think? I'd love to hear your opinions! Let me know in the comments below.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)