Man Crush Monday: Featuring Carswell Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles

Monday, March 28, 2016




It's Man Crush Monday on the blog today and each Monday I will feature a favorite male author or favorite male character from literature. Today I'm featuring a literary character from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. Read on to find out more...





Captain Carswell Thorne


       
click the photos to find where they come from



"At first, she was disgusted by him and his apparent greed and recklessness... [But] like the sun rising over Earth's horizon, her perception began to change. Carswell Thorne wasn't a heartless scoundrel at all. If anyone bothered to get to know him, they would see that he was compassionate and chivalrous. He was exactly the kind of hero Cress had been dreaming about her entire life."Cress' thoughts in Cress


What can I say about Carswell Thorne! He's a hilarious, smooth talking, sweetie, who also happens to be a wanted fugitive.

I've only read through Cress in this series and I fell in love with Thorne's character the first time he appeared in Scarlet and even more so in Cress. I absolutely loved his relationship with Cress and could not get enough of it. I can't wait to read Winter so I can see more of the two of them and to see more of Thorne himself!


“Captain,” she murmured.
“I think I’m in love with you.”
An eyebrow shot up. She counted six beats of his heart before, suddenly, he laughed.
“Don’t tell me it took you two whole days to realize that. I must be losing my touch.”
Marissa Meyer, Cress

“I promise, I will not let you die without being kissed.”
―Carswell Thorne Marissa Meyer, Cress

“Captain?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you think it was destiny that brought us together?"
He squinted and, after a thoughtful moment, shook his head. "No. I'm pretty sure it was Cinder.” ― Marissa Meyer, Cress

“If you honestly believe that," said Thorne, stowing the gun again, "then you really don't recognize true value when you see it.” ― Marissa Meyer, Cress


Have you guys read The Lunar Chronicles? What do you think of Captain Thorne? (No spoilers please) Who's your literary man crush? Let me know down in the comments!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)